Program pertukaran pendidikan bertaraf internasional ini memberi kesempatan untuk belajar di community college di Amerika Serikat untuk mengembangkan keahlian profesional.
Untuk tahun akademik 2016-2017, Bidang-bidang yang ditawarkan dalam program CCI yaitu Pertanian, Teknik Terapan, Manajemen Bisnis and Administrasi, Profesi di bidang Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini (PAUD), Teknologi Informasi, Media, Manajemen Pariwisata, dan Keselamatan Masyarakat.
Prioritas diberikan kepada lulusan SMA/sederajat. Peserta dengan pendidikan D1, D2, atau D3 boleh mendaftar. Peserta dengan gelar S1 boleh mendaftar tapi bukan prioritas dengan syarat bidang yang akan mereka ambil di program berbeda dengan bidang studi S1, dan harus berhubungan dengan bidang pekerjaan mereka sekarang. Peserta yang berstatus mahasiswa atau dengan gelar S2 dan S3 tidak diperkenankan mendaftar.
Program beasiswa ini dibiayai penuh dengan menyediakan dana untuk perjalanan pulang pergi ke Amerika; biaya hidup selama mengikuti kegiatan pra-akademik, akademik dan praktek kerja sesuai bidang; biaya kuliah; asuransi kesehatan; dan kegiatan budaya. Program ini berlangsung selama 1 tahun.
Berikut ini informasi lengkapnya:
The Community College Initiative (CCI) Program seeks to foster mutual understanding between the citizens of the United States and the citizens of Indonesia. The CCI Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The CCI Program provides participants with a non-degree, academic-year program at a U.S. community college designed to build participants’ technical skills in applied fields, enhance their leadership capabilities, and strengthen their English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement. Participants may earn an academic certificate in their field of study and gain first-hand practical experience through internships. After completing the program, participants return home with enhanced skills to help them contribute to the economic development of their countries.
Eligible fields of study for the 2017-2018 CCI Program include Agriculture, Applied engineering, Business Management and Administration, Early Childhood Education, Information technology, Media, Public Safety, and Tourism and Hospitality Management. (Specific fields of interest can be found on the CCIP application form).
To apply for this program, applicants must:·
- be a citizen of Indonesia.
- have completed a secondary school education (SMA/SMK/MA). Preference will be given to high school graduates, applicants with one/two year certificate program (D1/D2) and Associate’s degree (D3) are also eligible. Applicants with Bachelor’s degree (S1) are eligible IF they are applying in a field different from the field of their degree and have relevant work experience in the field for which they are applying.
- have relevant work experience in the field in which they are applying.
- demonstrate a command of written and spoken English which is shown by their TOEFL prediction score or ITP TOEFL of 450 or IELTS 5.5 or IBT TOEFL 47 which is less than two years old. An interview by a fluent Native English Speaker and Indonesian panelists will be conducted to confirm that the applicant would be able to achieve that score when tested.
- have limited or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- submit a complete application form.
- be committed to return directly to Indonesia after the completion of the program.
- be over 18 years of age.
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for the CCI Program:
- Student and applicants with MA or PhD degrees.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States.
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. government for a period of more than six weeks and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of their CCI application.
- Alumni CCIP
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency.
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment.
- Immediate family members (i.e., spouses and children) of U.S. embassy and AMINEF employees. Family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment.
- Persons arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a crime (excluding minor traffic violations).
The Community College Initiative Program will provide funding for round-trip airfare to the U.S.; a living allowance during English language, academic, and practical training program components; tuition costs; health insurance; and cultural enhancement activities. Students will be hosted in groups by community colleges competitively selected to participate in the program. Students are required to return home at the end of their program and may not transfer to a four-year U.S. academic institution.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidate should access and complete the application here
The following materials comprise a complete application for the CCI program:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of your most recent, less than two year old, TOEFL/IELTS score report.
- Copy of high school diploma and transcript (including its English translation).
- Copy of D1/D2/D3 and/or Bachelor’s degree diploma and transcript (for applicants who graduates from D1/D2/D3/S1 degree) (including its English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
- Official Statement of Employment (Surat Keterangan Bekerja) from Employer/Work Supervisor or HR Officer in Bahasa Indonesia
Please note that we do not accept email applications. Application and supporting documents are to be submitted to the American Indonesian ExchangeProgram (AMINEF) at the following address:
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jl. Jend. Sudirman 32,
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 1, 2016 (and is extended to November 25, 2016)