The International Undergraduate Student Scholarship (IUSS) encourages the recruitment and retention of high-achieving international undergraduate degree-seeking students at UH Manoa and serves the strategic and diversity goals of the university.
Award: $10,000 per academic year ($5,000 per semester, fall and spring), renewable based on continuing eligibility. Applied directly toward UH Manoa tuition and fees only. Cannot be applied to enrollment in other UH campus courses. No cash awards.
Eligibility: Open to new and continuing UH MANOA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who hold or will hold F-1 or J-1 visa status during the award period. Additionally:
- A CONTINUING student must carry at least a 3.5 Cumulative GPA. (If you are in your first semester and do not yet have a GPA from UH Manoa, then you must use the GPA from the last school attended.).
- A new TRANSFER student must carry at least a 3.5 Cumulative GPA or equivalent from a recognized U.S./foreign institution.
- A new FRESHMAN must carry at least a 3.5 Cumulative GPA from high school, or SAT score of 1550 or ACT score of 23 composite.
***New transfer/freshmen must submit an admission application to UHM prior to applying for this scholarship. Second bachelor’s degree applicants and non-degree students (for example, students from other schools here on exchange programs) are NOT eligible.
- Online Application now open for 2017-18 Academic Year
- Deadline: December 1, 2016
- Notifications of award will be sent out on or about January 31, 2017.
For more information, please visit official website: www.hawaii.edu.